Saturday, March 23, 2019

Typing Game Tech Tip

The first typing game that I played was called Ninja Cat. This game seemed fun in concept, and I only played it on the easy level. The tutorial went okay because it just explained that you had to type the letter under the dinosaur to kill them with a shuriken. This worked when there was just one dinosaur coming at me one at a time, but when there were six dinosaurs surrounding me, the whole game started to lag a ton. This was a really unpleasant playing experience since I could not actually play the game at this point. I am not sure this issue was just caused by my computer or what, but I would definitely not be able to increase my typing skills with this game.

The next game that I played was called Type For Your Life. This one was pretty cool and a much better experience than the last one since there was not nearly as much lag. This had a guy jumping up a building, through the clouds, and into space. Before he could jump, you had to accurately spell the word underneath him. Once I got into space, the turnaround time for spelling each word correctly greatly got reduced, so in space is where I finally lost all three of my lives. Since this game pushes you to slowly get faster at typing to save your character, I think it would help me get better at typing faster and more accurately.

A game I would suggest not on this site is TypeRacer. This one is really fun for me because I get to go up against other people that can type quickly. You also get to see your progress in the form of a little racecar against all of the other racecars. This one also does not let you progress in the race if you do not type accurately, so this one easily forces you to work on your speed and accuracy if you want to do well in the race. In result, this is one that I would recommend out of all of the ones listed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaclyn,
    Thanks for sharing all of this information on the different typing games. It's good to know I should check out Type For Your Life if I want to avoid lag. Type Racer sounds fun too! I will have to check them out. I am curious to see how my typing skill compares to that of others.
    I have enjoyed reading all of your Tech Tip Posts, and I wish you happy writing!
    -Ann

    ReplyDelete