Sunday, March 3, 2019

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback In: I would say that the comments and feedback from other students have been nice and friendly so far. The feedback has gotten more specific and useful as the semester has gone on. I think I have noticed that for maybe half of the comments I get, I get feedback on about one thing I could change. I think as more people grow comfortable with giving feedback, this percentage of useful comments will go up. The comments that I find most useful are one that are more specific than vague. So specific suggestions on how I can make something better or easier to use have been quick and easy changes for me. I do also appreciate when positive comments tell me exactly what they did like from what I wrote.

Feedback Out: I would say I am trying to get better at leaving useful comments. I try to tell them what I like and be specific about what they could do to improve. I have found the WWW strategy to really help me with making sure I cover relevant topics in my comments. While reading other people's stories, I have picked up a lot of great ideas on how to approach the assignments in this class and how to make my project better.

Blog Comments: I do feel that by reading people's Introductions, I am getting to know them as a person a little bit more. This does help to flesh out the person behind the words. Having an Introduction post does help you put yourself out there, so then you can see what similar interests you have with other people.

Looking Forward: To make the feedback assignments more useful, I am going to try to do better about being more specific about what to change and provide suggestions on how. I would really benefit if people did the same for me. I would like if people were not as concerned with trying to be super nice to the point where I do not get meaningful feedback. I understand people do not want to offend others, but if there is not honesty in what they do not like, I cannot really improve.


I think this image helps relate what is important about the feedback process. We rarely do anything perfect the first time, so feedback helps us get better with each iteration. As long as we allow ourselves to do things imperfectly, we have so much more time to make what we are doing right by getting input from others.

Image Information: Cat, Cheezburger

No comments:

Post a Comment