Sunday, March 3, 2019

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking back on my progress this semester, I would say I have made a lot of choices that have slowly made me a better writer and blogger. I reviewed how my blog and website are in terms of functionality, and I added some new widgets and buttons to make navigating to more interesting things easier. I do like the general look of my blog and website, as they are fairly clean and easy to use. Over this semester, after I got over the confusion on how I was supposed to retell a story in my own words, I believe I have done much better since my first story's retelling. Finding the link to the story prompts for retelling the stories in a new way really helped my creativity and imagination. These story prompts really boosted my ideas which lead me away from sticking strictly with the original tale. The reading over this semester has shown how many different ways there are to tell a story. I think I like reading the stories from my fellow classmates the most, as they usually put a creative spin on a story and modernize it, so the story is more relatable.

My favorite picture that I used so far this semester was the one of the galaxy. I chose this picture because the narrator of my project is Tala, the goddess of the stars. This image helped bring into focus what forces of nature we are truly dealing with in our story.


Looking forward, I hope to get even more creative as a writer. Something I may want to get better at writing is to see more examples of how to truly diverge from the original story in favor of a retelling that is only loosely based on what I read. I have had some great examples from reading the stories from other classmates in this course, but I think having more concrete established examples might help me even more. To get more out of the reading, I think it would really be preferable to have less stories to read each week, so then we can dive in more into the few we have. We are assigned to read a lot of stories, and I have not been able to appreciate each one in favor of making sure that I get through reading each one.

Image Information: Galaxy, PxHere

No comments:

Post a Comment