Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Cinque Terre - My Favorite Place

I found my favorite place all because of the opportunity to study abroad. I had never been to Europe before in my travels, and I knew that this was where I wanted to go next in my life. Luckily, there was a wonderful program where I could get credit for a college course and visit numerous places that I had spent my life hearing about since I was young. My journey to Europe led me to a destination I had never heard of until I arrived in Italy. This place was Cinque Terre.


(Where Our Journey Began - 
Riomaggiore: Wikimedia Commons)

In English, Cinque Terre translates to Five Lands. The name of Five Lands helps truly bring the wonder to this gorgeous piece of Italy. Cinque Terre is composed of five closely positioned coastal cities in the northwestern part of Italy. This place has breathtaking views, challenging hikes between each city, and colorful architecture characteristic of the culture.


(Manarola: Pixabay)

The names of the five different cities that make up Cinque Terre are Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso al Mare. In Monterosso al Mare, our group was able to get into the water and climb atop a rocky outcropping which provided the view in the following picture that I took. 


(Monterosso al Mare)

Even though my time in Cinque Terre only amounted to a day trip. This place become one of my most memorable adventures and has become somewhere I would love to visit again one day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all these pictures, Jaclyn: the Cinque Terre and the whole Italian "Riveria" is absolutely beautiful. I cannot arrange a field trip to Cinque Terre, alas, but maybe you will want to do an Italian project for this class, traveling there with the power of imagination! There are so many great Italian story resources to use, free books online! Italy at the Freebookapalooza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jaclyn!

    Wow, what a beautiful view! The multicolored houses on that cliffside are so perfect that it almost looks like a painting. That must have been an incredible place to study. I've never been to Italy, but I'm really hoping to study abroad there this summer -- maybe I'll try to spend a weekend in Cinque Terre after reading your review!

    ReplyDelete